TITLE: Accident Injury
When an accident occurs to an employee, offender, or citizen, on Fifth Judicial District Department of Correctional Services property, it is the responsibility of all departmental staff involved to render aide and comfort, but also to fill out an Internal Accident Report Form as well as the State of Iowa Employers First Report of Injury.
- When notified that an accident/injury has occurred, a staff member, the Personnel Technician, or a management level staff needs to fill out both the Internal Accident Report Form and the State of Iowa Employers First Report of Injury.
- The Internal Accident Report Form needs to be as detailed as possible, in case the injured party seeks litigation at a later date. Such details as weather conditions, condition of the accident area, type of footwear (in cases of a fall), names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses, and details of what the witness saw and heard are of utmost importance.
- In cases where there are injuries reported, staff should take photographs of the injured party and the injury site. Attach photos to the Internal Accident Report Form.
- Once completed, give the Internal Accident Form (along with any photos) and the State of Iowa Employers First Report of Injury Form to the Personnel Technician.
- The Personnel Technician will insure that these forms are handled appropriately.