TITLE: Bep Victim Contacts
The BEP program shall hire and maintain on staff a victim liaison employee who will attempt to contact the victims and/or new partners of all BEP participants. The victim liaison will attempt to contact victims/new partners each time the offender either enters or exits the program. The victim liaison will provide victims/new partners with information regarding BEP policies and procedures and will make any necessary program referrals. Upon program completion, the victim liaison will ask the victim/new partner to provide information regarding the offender’s history of violence and any impact his participation in BEP may have had. The victim liaison will ensure that the victim/new partner understands that such participation on her part is entirely voluntary.
The victim liaison will be hired as a contract employee.
- The victim liaison will routinely obtain victim contact information provided by BEP staff regarding new offenders, offenders terminated from BEP and successful BEP completions.
- Upon obtainment of offender status, the victim liaison will attempt to contact the victim and/or new partner regarding offender status. Additionally, the victim liaison will make any appropriate referrals and explain any BEP philosophies or procedures as needed.
- Upon offender completion, the victim liaison will ask the victim/new partner to participate in a survey regarding any changes in her status of living since the offender’s involvement in the criminal justice system for domestic abuse.
- Any participation by the victim and/or new partner is entirely voluntary. The victim liaison will ensure that the victim and/or new partner is aware of this policy.
- The victim liaison will provide information regarding the status of victim contacts to BEP staff. This information will also be available to the appropriate probation officers. The victim liaison will ensure that the victim and/or new partner is aware that this information will be shared and with whom it will be shared with.