TITLE: Ems Gps General Provisions
Iowa Code 692.4A requires any offender who has committed a criminal offense against a minor or an aggravated offense, sexually violent offense or other relevant offense that involved a minor, to be supervised for a period of at least five years by a real-time electronic tracking and monitoring system in addition to any other conditions of release.
The designated Judicial District will enter into a contract with a vendor who will provide GPS real-time monitoring and the necessary equipment for this monitoring.
The designated Judicial District will equip, staff and operate a Central Command Center (CCC) at a site which provides adequate space, lighting, security and the necessary electrical support, including back up electrical support. This site will be used to monitor all designated offenders state wide by real-time tracking.
The CCC will be the first line of notification for all statewide GPS alerts from the vendor. Alerts will be triaged and worked according to the established protocol and troubleshooting guidelines.
- The CCC will function under the administration of the director of the district designated to operate the CCC.
- The CCC shall be continuously staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for the duration of the program. The designated district will assure adequate coverage for each shift and back up staff to be utilized in the event of an emergency. The staff on shift shall not leave until shift relief has arrived.
- All of the Judicial Districts in the state will provide to the CCC necessary information about the offenders in their district who will be supervised by real-time monitoring.
- Each Judicial District will provide to the CCC the name(s) and phone number(s) of the first point(s) of contact from the CCC to that district.
- CCC staff will maintain offender information and contact information in a readily accessible location.
- The Judicial District designated to operated the CCC will work in cooperation with the other districts by providing to them any necessary information pertaining to the operation of the CCC.