TITLE: Institution Furlough Placement Requests
The Fifth Judicial District Department of Correctional Services shall cooperate with the state institutions in providing information on the legitimacy of furlough requests.
- When the Fifth Judicial District Department of Correctional Services is contacted to assist in investigating the legitimacy of a furlough request from a counselor at one of the state institutions, the District shall provide the following:
- A District supervisor shall direct a supervising officer to complete a home placement visit, verifying the furlough request. (See Home Placement Criteria).
- The supervising officer will forward the results of the home placement visit verification to the counselor at the requesting institution.
- If requested, the District will provide supervision services for the inmate while on furlough.
- The supervising officer will document all interaction with the inmate in Generic Notes in ICON.