Menus listing planned and served food items shall be developed and maintained to meet adequate daily nutritional requirements and facilitate sound inventory control.
- Menu Reviews and Evaluations
- The Assistant Director of Residential Services or designee shall request an annual review of the facility's system of dietary allowances by a dietitian consultant, to ensure compliance with recommended daily food allowances.
- The Assistant Director of Residential Services or designee shall forward planned menus to a registered dietitian for approval of nutritional adequacy. The registered dietitian will return to the Assistant Director of Residential Services or designee the planned menus that have been approved that meet the adequate nationally recommended daily nutritional requirements.
- Change in Menu
- Temporary alteration of any menu item shall be done through necessity only, such as because of the shortage of an item necessary for the preparation of a menu item, and shall be a temporary menu change, only.
- The on-duty Food Services Coordinators/Cooks shall note any change made on the daily menu.
- Any change of menu shall be made with consideration of the food's nutritional value, so that substitution of a food item is made with a food of equal nutritional value, to maintain the recommended daily food allowance. For instance a protein food item must be replaced with another protein food item, not a carbohydrate or a food item high in vitamin C must be replaced with another food item high in vitamin C.