TITLE: Office Safety
It is the policy of the Fifth Judicial District Department of Correctional Services to maintain a safe working environment for staff and clients while in the office.
- Give both the officer and the client a way out of your office or work area.
- Keep space between you, your desk and the wall behind you.
- Keep personal information out of plain view, i.e.: magazine labels, calendars, pictures and phone lists.
- Keep staplers, message post, scissors or other items that could be used as a weapon off your desk.
- Client should always be escorted to and from your office.
- Your door to your office should always be open/unlocked when you have a client in your office unless there is another staff member in the office.
- Always attempt to have back-up officer in the area or office.
- Windows in office doors shall not be covered.