TITLE: Sotp Offender Fees
Payment for services received is an indicator of responsibility, therefore, all offenders in the SOTP shall be required to pay for their participation and/or the services they receive. Offenders shall directly pay for/or reimburse the Department for prepayment of assessment, individual counseling and/or group therapy sessions, hormonal intervention therapy, as well as any other individual or group services they may receive from any other providers. Payment can not be in cash.
Department Administration shall annually review the reimbursement fee for weekly group therapy sessions.
- Assessment & Individual Counseling
- At the time of referral for an assessment or individual counseling, the stated or typical cost of each of the services shall be discussed with the offender. An itemized list of treatment costs shall be included in the "Sex Offender Outpatient Treatment Handbook". The offender shall be required to enter into a financial agreement with the Contracted Provider.
- The Contracted Provider is responsible for collection of offender fees that are set by and paid directly to that Contracted Provider. It shall be the SOTP staff responsibility to monitor and ensure the offender's payment of fees as would occur with any other treatment-related debt.
- Group Therapy Fees and Fee Collection
- Department Administration shall set the reimbursement fee for weekly group therapy sessions provided by the Contracted Provider. The offender and other components of the criminal justice system shall be advised of the Department's payment policy and procedures.
- Payments for weekly group therapy sessions shall be made directly to the "Department of Correctional Services". SOTP staff shall monitor offender payments to ensure payment in full prior to discharge from supervision.
- All offenders will generally be required to pay for the sessions covering all education and treatment topics in the SOTP curriculum. At the end of that time, the offender's continuing need for group therapy sessions shall be reviewed by the SOTP staff, in consultation with the Contracted Provider to determine whether or not the offender needs to continue to attend group on a weekly basis or enter into aftercare.
Note: While in aftercare, the offender shall continue to pay for all sessions the offender has been directed by SOTP staff to attend.
- Each Department Field Services Division shall assign and train clerical and/or SOTP staff to collect offender fees, prepare receipts, and transfer collected fees to the Department's Administration office. Offenders shall be advised to pay by money order or check.
- Offenders shall be directed to arrive a few minutes early for group therapy in order to pay fees prior to the meeting.
- The offender's fee payment shall be recorded by clerical/SOTP staff on a weekly attendance/payment record in addition to the written receipt. SOTP staff shall check the attendance/payment record weekly, prior to group, to determine if fees are current.
- Hormonal Intervention Therapy
- At the time of referral for psycho-sexual assessment, medical assessment, and the initiation of hormonal intervention therapy, the stated or typical cost shall be discussed with the offender.
- Payments shall be made directly to the Contracted Provider. SOTP staff shall monitor offender payments to ensure payment in full prior to discharge from supervision.