TITLE: Staffing Requirements And Availability
There shall be a minimum of two (2) staff members on duty at each unit at all times at the men´s facility Treatment Unit, men´s facility Work Release unit and women´s facility with a minimum of one (1) staff member on duty on the Honor Unit at the men´s facility who are fully capable of performing all job duties. Exceptions may be made by the Residential Supervisor depending upon the number of residents on a unit.
The facility management staff will review staffing patterns and requirements at least annually and adjust or amend staffing plans as needed.
- There should not be more than two (2) Residential Officers in a control area at one (1) time unless all Residential Officers are performing job related duties. Any Residential Officer not performing a job related task should be "floating" throughout the building, interacting with residents and monitoring security.
- In the event there is only one (1) Residential Officer monitoring a control desk and that officer needs to leave for driving, to take headcounts, etc., then it is imperative that that officer have a Residential Officer from another unit cover the control desk during the performance of that duty. If other Residential Officers are not available, contact the shift Supervisor.
- If a life safety issue requires a control desk to be left unattended, all documents, cabinets, keys and logs are to be secured prior to exiting the control desk.
- During shift change, current shift staff shall not leave before replacement shift staff arrives.
- Staff are on duty and available in the facility twenty-four (24) hours a day.
- The District Director and Assistant District Director of Residential Services will annually review and adjust staffing requirements, if necessary.