TITLE: Transfer Of Serious Misdemeanor Cases
The Fifth Judicial District Department of Correctional Services will accept and transfer serious misdemeanor cases that meet certain criteria.
- Normal or intensive score on the Iowa Risk Assessment.
- An assaultive case override.
- Exceptions to A) and B) must be approved by the supervisors of the transferring and accepting office.
- If a Fifth District offender who meets the above criteria lives in another district, the Probation Officer will follow the normal transfer procedure.
- If an offender who meets the above criteria is transferred in from another District, the Fifth Judicial Probation Officer will follow the normal procedures for accepting cases.
- The Fifth District will not transfer or accept simple misdemeanor cases.