TITLE: Transporting Offenders
Authorized employees may be called upon to transport offenders if deemed necessary to accomplish program objectives.
- Department Vehicles
- All laws pertaining to motor vehicle operation shall be obeyed.
- The vehicle shall be in a safe working condition and shall be capable of transporting the employee and any offender.
- Employees shall report accidents to law enforcement immediately.
- Employees shall report accidents to their immediate supervisor as soon as possible.
- Unauthorized entry, use, abuse, misuse or improper operations of department vehicles is prohibited.
- Offenders shall not operate department vehicles under any circumstances.
- Staff may transport offenders for medical, employment or other purposes deemed necessary to meet program objectives.
- When transporting an offender to another community agency, home or any other place deemed appropriate.
- Authorized employees shall receive supervisory approval before transporting any offender.
- All transport of offenders shall be completed by two authorized officers unless approved by a supervisor.
- Authorized officers transporting offenders of the opposite sex, must be accompanied by an authorized officer of the same sex unless approved by a supervisor.
- Authorized officers should avoid unnecessary stops during the transport of offenders.
- Use only designated departmental vehicles